Wednesday, March 11, 2009

procrastination...

Trying to finish an essay and I keep horribly distracting myself. I can't believe how long it can take to write a simple essay. It should take me a few hours and instead it takes me a whole day since I write a few sentences and before I know it I am daydreaming of something or looking up something on the computer.

Time management. Still issue number one for me.

I can't decide what I want for coop. A new posting went up for an animation place that is looking for character designing and layout and background design. This would be a huge challenge but an inspiring one. I feel I could learn a lot from something like that. I don't know if I can meet the requirements though.
I am also torn about whether to go with a teaching placement. I have done a lot of teaching in my past. Starting from teacher's assistant, then running classes myself, to starting my own art camp one summer. I feel confident that I could get a job doing this again and I know it is approved as a related coop experience. I am just wondering if I would actually be pushing myself and learning while doing this. It could be a really good experience and maybe get my foot in the door for teaching in Toronto when I am done school, especially when I will be needing a decent job to support my art.

Decisions, decisions....

Here I am procrastinating some more by writing this post...

Ah well, it helps to take a bit of a break from attempting an essay...

I spent a good portion of the evening listening to some classical piano music, mainly Debussy and Satie. Their music is so inspiring and calming. I close my eyes and get carried away into other worlds while listening. Their music brings shivers to my spine it is so good.

No comments: