25 Random things about me....
1) Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era since most of my musical tastes derive from the 60s and 70s...
2) I play four instruments but have never perfected one.
3) I love singing even though I don't really like my voice.
4) I can't see a hill without wanting to run down it.
5) I feel the most like myself when I am outside and walking, I just take a deep breath and feel like a totally different person.
6) I think I am happiest when I am outside too, especially surrounded by trees and moss and sounds of the forest.
7) It took me the longest time to ever want to bring anyone up to my cabin because it felt like my own personal haven or sanctuary and I never knew if someone would appreciate it as much as I do.
8) Sometimes when I am walking home I give myself a distance that I need to sprint to, and challenge myself to get past that point.
9) Other times when I am walking home I sing to myself, usually all my favourite folk songs.
10) I wish I weren't afraid to sing loudly.
11) I fall in love with every place I go and wish I could live everywhere.
12) I am equally torn between love of the city and love of the country, and don't know where I want to live.
13) Sometimes when I am reading a book I get so lost in it that someone could have been calling my name for a while and I just don't hear them. This has happened on many an occasion growing up.
14) If I weren't studying art I would be studying herbal medicine. I just lacked the confidence in my memory to go into that field. Instead I content myself with buying lots of books on herbs and slowly teaching myself.
15) My favourite type of book is fantasy and I wonder if it is because I am just a big kid who still loves fairy tales and magic.
16) I get overwhelming surges of love for life all the time. Sometimes it hits me so hard I want to cry.
17) I need to live near water. My heart needs it.
18) Despite needing to live near water I have an irrational fear of the bottom of lakes, or any water that is too dark and I can't see what is coming.
19) I wonder if I am cut out to do art for the rest of my life since I don't draw or paint as much as other people. There are so many other things I love doing too.
20) If I could draw faces for the rest of my life I would be happy though.
21) I dream of being a traveling portrait artist that sets up in a beautiful spot in every new town.
22) I am one of the messiest people I know, it comes from collecting too many things and being a pack-rat. My room is a cozy disaster though.
23) I love old houses and old buildings. Anything with old hardwood. They have so much more character than new homes.
24) I could wander the city or country all day taking pictures. There are always so many wondrous little things that catch my eye that I want to capture.
25) If there are stars overhead, I need to get a blanket and lie out watching them, in hopes of catching a shooting star.